If you happen to be a human rights lawyer then the answer is ‘yes’.
In the year 2012-13 a female human rights lawyer and a journalist rate as the sexiest dream dates for men seeking the love of their life, whereas women seeking Mr Right are more likely to opt for a doctor an architect or other creative profession.
2012/13 Mr Right
- Creative profession
- Furniture maker
- Film maker
- Graphic designer
- Environmental Scientist
2012/13 Ms Right
1. Human Rights Lawyer
3. Website designer
7. Events manager
To see how this compares with last year’s survey, here are the results from 2011/12.
2011/12 Mr Right
- Company director
- Management consultant
- TV director
2011/12 Ms Right
- TV director
- Human resources
The survey suggests that women are now looking for a mate who is in a creative or caring field rather than a high-powered banker. Although earning power may be important when choosing a mate, job satisfaction, authority, plus concern with the human condition rate highly as turn-ons with both men and women when it comes to sex appeal amongst today’s successful professionals.
So why are these professions the top dating turn-ons?
- The human rights lawyer combines a desire to put wrongs to right with a strong ability to keep cool in a drama, an alluring combination with relationship appeal.
- Sensitive and artistic as well as pragmatic, architects and graphic designers are perceived as stylish and cool.
- Journalists are perceived as quick thinking, intelligent, with a sexy lifestyle.
- TV directors are perceived to have creative flair and an adrenalin-driven lifestyle!
- Often judged to be a sexy profession, photographers are able to inject visual excitement into everyday scenes
- Furniture makers are perceived to be good with their hands and can turn a vision into a reality.
- Those in human resources are perceived as good with people and great organisers.
- Web designers are able to think outside the box
- Marketers are intelligent and challenging with broad appeal and a practical approach
- Advertising is the perfect combination of creativity plus sex appeal!
- Events managers are the ultimate multi-taskers and considered to have fun + a good work/life balance.
- Friendly go-getters, those in PR are people friendly communicators.
- The ultimate ‘caring’ profession, the doctor is seen as supportive and authoritative.
- Environmental scientists are appreciated for caring about the future in a practical way.
- Banking, in spite of its recent bad press, will always have the sexy allure of being a high earning job.
- Company directors are viewed as being high achievers
- An academic with a combination of quick thinking, curiosity and an analytic approach is always intriguing.
- Engineers make the world go round and know how to fix most things.
- Every person in IT is at least a potential ‘dot-com millionaire’ with an amazing lifestyle.
- TV directors and film makers are perceived to have creative flair and an adrenalin-driven lifestyle!
Have your say: leave a comment below letting us know the profession of your perfect partner.
Are you a professional looking for a lasting relationship? Get in touch to discuss getting our help.
If you are ready to meet someone special, contact the friendly award winning matchmakers at Drawing Down the Moon Matchmaking.